Friday, November 5, 2010

Worries


Right now I'm being selfish, only posting on my own blog and not commenting on anyone elses. I'm doing a little better, I'm not going crazy bingeing at least. It's more than I could've said for a while now.
Also I'm losing weight, I was 55,6 this morning. I might've gained a little, but I don't think it'd be a lot.

I'm a little worried about my job. Not about getting fired or anything, I haven't done anything bad.
But I'm getting less shifts, and today my colleague called and asked if I could still cover for her tomorrow. I can (although I would want to stay at home being lazy, but I have to buy Christmas presents and the rent etc. too...), but she also mentioned something I couldn't quite catch because of bacground noise about the boss being reluctant to let me work on sundays (or was it saturdays?) for personal reasons. She didn't quite understand it, so that makes two of us. If there's a problem, I wish the boss would tell me personally.
There's a few things:

1) I haven't turned 18 yet (December child...) so I can't serve alcohol. Fair enough.
2) She won't let me do the closing up until I turn 18 because I messed up the first two times, on the cashiering settlement. I get that, it's fine.
3) Maybe I'm not efficient enough on the machine yet, but this is because I still need practice, and I can't practice on rush hour weekends, I'd make a line the length of the Thames!

So that's why I'm dreading work a little bit. I think. I'd also love to work at a smaller, more intimate café where the boss didn't intimidate me. Don't get me wrong, I adore the barista and coffee making part, but I just don't enjoy my environment very much. By GOD I really suck...

+ me and my boyfriend are living on serious minimum wage right now. Meaning beans on bread and instant noodles and tomato soup for dinner.


It's snowing outside! A lot. It's piling up already, and not just a little. It's very very cold where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment